Episode 2: What You Don't Need to Get Started With Your Art Business
In episode two of Unfold with Kellee Wynne, the subject is about everything you don’t need to do, to start our new art business. It’s a perfect carry on from Episode one where Kellee talked about 100 ways to make money as an artist without selling your art. Kellee breaks down our usual blocks and reminds us how simple things can be when we start our businesses.
Here are some of the things we don’t need to do to start our art business;
- You don’t need to do a ton of research or planning to start. It doesn’t need to be perfect, we just need to start.
- You don’t need the perfect brand or perfect logo. And you certainly don’t need to pay anyone to do it.
- You don’t need fancy photoshoots to be able to put yourself out there. Your audience just needs to see the authentic you and hear your message.
- You don’t need a fancy studio, you just need a space to work and create your art and message.
- You don’t need a huge audience, you need to be speaking to the audience you have.
What you do need;
- You do need an online presence but you don’t need a fancy website. As you start out, it’s okay to keep it simple.
- You don’t need to be on all the social media platforms. Pick one that you enjoy and one where you think your audience will be. Then show up and share consistently. Consistency is key.
Kellee encourages us to just start, decide on our focus and keep showing up consistently for our audience.
If you haven’t downloaded it yet the free guide of 100 Ways to Make Money as an Artist Without Selling Your Art is available on www.Kelleewynnestudios.com/100. Once you’ve gotten through the download, come tell us what you have on your own list and how the episode inspired you to think outside of the box. If you’re excited about building a successful business around your passion, be sure to hit subscribe and be inspired every week. For more information about what Kellee is doing, visit her website on www.kelleewynnestudios.com and you can only follow her on Instagram at www.instagram.com/kelleewynnestudios